5 Style Tricks To Make You Look Instantly Slimmer
Updated: May 7, 2019
Unfortunately, there is no magic trick that can make you instantly lose weight and avoid having to hit the gym, but there are a few style tricks you can use that will make you look instantly slimmer without breaking a sweat. So while you're waiting to see the results of your diet and exercise plan you'll want to give these style tricks a try.
1. Stick to one color - By wearing the same color head to toe you elongate your torso and create a leaner line. Dark colors are more slimming so try to go with darker shades and avoid whites and pastels which can have the opposite effect.
2. Wear a dress - When we wear seperates we actually put a focus on where the two items meet around our waist and this can actually make us appear larger around our mid-section. The perfect solution is a dress that will take the attention away from the middle and keep the eyes moving from the bottom to the top of the dress.
3. Choose large patterns and prints - It may seem a bit backwards but larger prints and patterns actually make you look slimmer than wearing something that has a small print.
4. Wear a V-neck - V-neck tops are the ultimate when it comes to looking slimmer. The line of the V lengthens your torso and creates the illusion of a smaller waist line. You don't have to go for a deep plunge either, even a small V-neck will have the desired effect.
5. Belt-up - To look slimmer we want to emphasize the smallest part of the torso which is the waist. Wearing a contrasting belt with dresses, over sweaters, and even over jackets, will accentuate your waist and make it seem like you've already dropped those pesky pounds.
Who knew slimming down could be so easy ;-)